We’d like to share some of the updates on Awetest we’ve created to further support our customers’ cross-platform and mobile testing efforts. DevOps, along with Mobile, continue to remain one of the core areas of focus for the enterprise for 2015, and we have made a conscious effort to ensure that we’re incorporating the appropriate support for newer automation technologies like Appium and integration capabilities with CI platforms like Jenkins. We have also continued to expand the existing integration with HP ALM. Below is a summary of the new features, enhancements, and visible changes included in 2.4 release.
- Awetest 2.4 requires a Red Hat Linux v 5 or later or Ubuntu 12.04 or later.
- Min. Server requirements are 4 Gb or Ram and 100 Gb of Disk Space.
- Shamisen 2.4 for Windows requires Windows 7 or 8
- Shamisen 2.4 for Mac Requires OS X 10.7 or later.
- Admin/Root Access is required on Shamisen Client Machine.
- Shamisen Machines should have at least 4 Gb of Ram (8Gb Recommended).
- Appium Cucumber support mWeb & mApp Modules (both iOS & Android)
- Appium Ruby/Watir-Webdriver support for mWeb & mApp Modules (both iOS & Android)
- % Coverage on Reports
- Users has option to delete all the HP ALM Sync’d data in Awetest
- User can take screenshots of Device & Emulator runs (iOS & Android) & display them in Awetest Reports
- Awetest API Launched (with Jenkins integration)
- Support for Selenium JUnit Tests
- Advanced (no-GUI) mode for Shamisen
- Report Performance Improvements (Load 1 Test Case at a time, “Show More”, Only display Errors as primary view, etc.)
- Revamped Queueing Mechanism & Awetest-Shamisen Communication Architecture
- Bug Fixes